The Pine Creek Home was established by the government at Pine Creek, approximately 200km south east of Darwin, in 1931. It was opened to alleviate over-crowding at the Myilly Point Home near Kahlin Compound, which was also known at the time as the 'Darwin Half-caste Home '. Initially in September 1931 28 boys between four and 14 years of age were removed from Myilly Point and transferred to Pine Creek. The Pine Creek Home closed in 1933, with most of the children being transferred to The Bungalow in Alice Springs and back to the Myilly Point Home in Darwin.
27 November 2020
Cite this: http://www.findandconnect.gov.au/guide/nt/YE00030
First published by the Find & Connect Web Resource Project for the Commonwealth of Australia, 2011
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License