The Alphabetical Admission Register was created at the Boys’ Training School between 1912 and 1922. It includes each boy’s name, age, home district, birthplace, offence, and other remarks. Access Conditions Open
The General Welfare Case Files concern children who were wards of state, child migrants, and individuals or families who applied for financial assistance from the government between 1915 and 1994. Access Conditions Closed D75 years D75 means these records are closed to the general public for 75 years from the date of the last entry…
The Patient Records – Admission Register pertain to the Lunatic Asylum, Hospital for the Insane, Mental Diseases Hospital, and Lachlan Park Hospital between 1830 and 1954. Access Conditions Open. The register dated 1830-1900 has been digitised and is available online. Records The records contain the patient’s number, name, age, marital status, occupation, date of admission,…
The Patient Files pertain to the Lunatic Asylum, Hospital for the Insane, Mental Diseases Hospital, Lachlan Park Hospital, and the Royal Derwent Hospital between 1857 and 1993. The titles of the files include the patients name. Access Conditions Closed E75 years E75 means that records in this series that have final entries less than 75…
Please contact Adoptions and Permanency Services: Postal Address: PO Box 538, Hobart TAS 7001 Phone: (03) 6166 0422 Aftercare Support Program Phone: 1300 654 583 Adoptions and Permanency Services Email: adoption.services@communities.tas.gov.au After Care Support Program Email: aftercaresupport@communities.tas.gov.au Website: https://www.decyp.tas.gov.au/children/adoptions-and-permanency-services/
The Adoptions and Permanency Services is part of Children, Youth and Families, within the Tasmanian Department for Education, Children and Young People. It manages adoptions and runs the Adoption Information Service, as well as the After Care Support Program, which provides support, including records access services, to Tasmanian care leavers. After Care Support Program The…
The Premier’s Department replaced the Premier’s and Chief Secretary’s Department in 1976, having dropped the ministerial office of the Chief Secretary. It was a central point for the business of the Tasmanian government. On 1 February 1985, it became the Department of Premier and Cabinet.
The Department of Premier and Cabinet replaced the Premier’s Department on 1 February 1985. It remained a central point for the business of the Tasmanian government but also took on a new role in policy analysis and advice. In 2013, it remains the Department of Premier and Cabinet.
The Premier’s and Chief Secretary’s Department replaced the Chief Secretary’s Department and Premier’s Office in 1955. Like its predecessor, it coordinated the administrative business of the Tasmanian government. In 1976, it became the Premier’s Department.
The Chief Secretary’s Department and Premier’s Office took over from the Chief Secretary’s Department in 1914. Like its predecessor, it coordinated the administrative business of the Tasmanian government. In 1955, it became the Premier’s and Chief Secretary’s Office. The Under-Secretary was in charge of the Chief Secretary’s Department. Between 1898 and 1911, the Neglected Children’s…