Tower House was established in 1901 by the Sisters of the Church, an Anglican religious order. It accommodated girls and boys aged 6-10 years who had been brought by the Sisters in 1901 from the Orphanage of Mercy, Kilburn in England. From February 1902 it was also a boys' day and boarding school. Girls were transferred from Tower House to Perth College in 1902. Tower House closed in 1903 and the boys were transferred temporarily to Perth College and then to St Peter's School, Fremantle.
Sources used to compile this entry: Whittington, Vera, Sister Kate: a life dedicated to children in need of care, University of Western Australia Press, Nedlands, Western Australia, 1999. pp.65-66, 73, 78..
Prepared by: Debra Rosser
Created: 19 November 2014, Last modified: 28 November 2014