South Perth Community Hospital
The South Perth Community Centre Hospital Inc was established as a community-run, not-for-profit private hospital in 1956. It had a maternity suite from June 1959. From August 1959 to 1980, expectant mothers who were accommodated at the Ngal-a Mothercraft Home and Training Centre Inc (Ngala) in Kensington often had their babies at the hospital. In 2003, the hospital changed its name to South Perth Hospital Inc.
1956 - 2003 South Perth Community Centre Hospital Inc
2003 - South Perth Hospital Inc
Sources used to compile this entry: 'South Perth Hospital - Our History', South Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia, 1989, http://www.sph.org.au/?page_id=124; Western Australia. Department for Community Development, ROADS. An index of locations and access to adoption records., with Adoption Service, Department for Community Development, Dept. For Community Development, 2005, https://web.archive.org/web/20110327071024/http://www.dcp.wa.gov.au/FosteringandAdoption/Documents/ROADS2006.pdf.
Prepared by: Debra Rosser
Created: 2 September 2014