Currawong House, in Hamilton, was established by the Children's Protection Society in 1976. It provided up to 6 weeks of emergency residential care for up to 8 children, aged up to 15. In 1991, Currawong House amalgamated with several other agencies to form the South Western Community Care Association Inc.
Currawong House offered temporary emergency care in the town of Hamilton. It was established to meet a shortage of care options for children in the Glenelg region of Victoria.
1976 - 1991 Currawong House
1991 - 1998 South Western Community Care Association Inc.
1998 - 2012 Community Connections (Vic) Ltd
Sources used to compile this entry: James Jenkinson Consulting, Guide to out-of-home care services 1940-2000 - Volume One: Agency Descriptions, Department of Human Services, Unpublished, November 2001, https://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/sites/default/files/DHS.3004.011.0367.pdf.
Prepared by: Cate O'Neill
Created: 4 November 2010, Last modified: 6 November 2018