Robin House was a children's home in Fitzroy, established by the Victorian Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children in 1962. Robin House was a small, temporary care unit, accommodating 12 children between the ages of 2 and 14 years. In December 1976, Robin House closed, and was replaced by Alys Keys House, in Heidelberg.
The Gertrude Street property was sold by the Children's Protection Society in 1986.
Sources used to compile this entry: James Jenkinson Consulting, Guide to out-of-home care services 1940-2000 - Volume One: Agency Descriptions, Department of Human Services, Unpublished, November 2001, https://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/sites/default/files/DHS.3004.011.0367.pdf; Scott, Dorothy and Shurlee Swain, Confronting cruelty: historical perspectives on child protection in Australia, Melbourne University Press, Carlton, Vic, 2002.
Prepared by: Cate O'Neill
Created: 4 November 2010, Last modified: 6 November 2018