Myra House, Kew, was established by the Catholic Church in 1945 and run 'voluntarily' by the Legion of Mary. It was a Home for girls aged 14 to 18.
At the opening of Myra House in January 1945, Archbishop Mannix stated that girls trained by the Legion of Mary at Myra House 'would be able to face the world with every confidence'.
By 1954 Myra House had moved from the property in Sackville street to Stanhope street, Malvern.
Prepared by: Cate O'Neill
Created: 17 March 2010, Last modified: 5 November 2018