The Canadian Rescue and Children's Home was established in 1897 and run by the Ballarat Town and City Mission. In 1920 the Canadian Home amalgamated with the George Street Children's Home, also run by the Town and City Mission.
1897 - c. 1921 Canadian Rescue and Children's Home
c. 1921 - 1941 Ballarat Town and City Mission Rescue and Children's Home
Sources used to compile this entry: Wickham, Dorothy Glennys, Beyond the Wall: Ballarat Female Refuge, A Study in Moral Authority, A thesis submitted in total fulfillment of the requirements of the degree Masters of Philosophy, Australian Catholic University, 2003, http://researchbank.acu.edu.au/theses/69/.
Prepared by: Cate O'Neill
Created: 9 October 2009, Last modified: 5 November 2018