Some people may find content on this website distressing. Read more
Victoria - Organisation
St Vincent de Paul's Boys' Home (1967 - 1997?)
St Vincent's Boys' Home, South Melbourne, Donation Box, courtesy of MacKillop Family Services.
- Catholic, Children's Home and Home
- Alternative Names
St Vincent de Paul Boys' Home in South Melbourne was established in 1967. The institution was formerly known as St Vincent de Paul's Orphanage. The service, run by the Christian Brothers, came under the control of MacKillop Family Services in 1997.
- 'St Vincent de Paul Orphanage/Home (1854-1997)', in Finding Records, Departmennt of Health and Human Services, State of Victoria, https://www.findingrecords.dhhs.vic.gov.au/collectionresultspage/St-Vincent-de-Pau-Orphanage-Home. See the 'List of records held by the department' section for information about records relating to St Vincent de Paul's Boys' Home. Details
- 'A Piece of the Story': National Directory of Records of Catholic organisations caring for children separated from their families, Australian Catholic Social Welfare Commission & Australian Conference of Leaders of Religious Institutes, November 1999, https://cssa.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/A-Piece-of-the-Story.pdf. Details
- 'Heritage Display', in MacKillop Family Services website, MacKillop Family Services, 2013, https://www.mackillop.org.au/about-mackillop/our-history/heritage-display. Details
- Heritage Victoria, Former St Vincent de Paul Boys' Orphanage: Victorian Heritage Register (VHR) Number H2170, 20 December 2011, http://vhd.heritage.vic.gov.au/vhd/heritagevic#detail_places;27209. Details
- St Vincent's Boys' Home, South Melbourne, Donation Box
- MacKillop Family Services
- Former St. Vincent de Paul Boys' Orphanage