The Anglican (Church of England) Diocese of Ballarat has been in existence since at least 1863. The Diocese ran the St Cuthbert's Children's Home in Colac from 1948. The affairs of St Cuthbert's Children's Home were conducted by a Board of Management consisting of local citizens of the Colac and district community.
Sources used to compile this entry: James Jenkinson Consulting, Guide to out-of-home care services 1940-2000 - Volume One: Agency Descriptions, Department of Human Services, Unpublished, November 2001, https://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/sites/default/files/DHS.3004.011.0367.pdf.
Prepared by: Cate O'Neill
Created: 26 May 2009, Last modified: 5 March 2014