St Joseph's Babies' and Family Service in Glenroy was established in 1985 when the Sisters of St Joseph merged the St Joseph's Babies' Home in Glenroy with the St Joseph's Receiving Home in Carlton. The Babies' and Family Service was located in a small residential unit that had previously been part of the St Joseph's Babies' Home. In July 1997, St Joseph's became part of MacKillop Family Services.
1901 - 1975 St Joseph's Foundling Hospital
1902 - 1985 St Joseph's Receiving Home
1975 - 1985 St Joseph's Babies' Home
1985 - 1997 St Joseph's Babies' and Family Service
1997 - MacKillop Family Services
Sources used to compile this entry: Barnard, Jill; Twigg, Karen, Holding on to Hope: a history of the founding agencies of MacKillop Family Services 1854-1997, Australian Scholarly Publishing, Melbourne, 2004.
Prepared by: Cate O'Neill
Created: 20 March 2009, Last modified: 26 April 2016