This is a black and white image of children and staff at Wyadra Hostel. Fourteen children are seated around two tables eating bread and jam and three female staff members stand in the background. This photograph appeared as part of a photo-set in The Mercury on 26 March 1954. The caption reads "The Wyadra hostel for partially deaf children at Clare St. is a happy place for all associated with it. Members of the staff puctured here with their charges at bread-and-jam time are (l. to r.) Miss M. Hyland, Miss D. Jackson, and Mrs. M. Ambrose, who is in charge of the hostel."