The Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery opened in 1891. In 2014, it is owned and run by the Launceston City Council. It has a wide range of collections related to Tasmania's natural, historical, and cultural heritage. The Community History Branch, located at Inveresk, includes documents, photographs, and ephemera that concern northern Tasmania, including the Northern Tasmanian Home for Boys.
Prepared by: Caroline Evans
Created: 23 May 2012, Last modified: 11 August 2015