The Public Service Appeal Board was established in 1958. It heard and determined appeals against decisions of the Public Service Commissioner relating to appointments, promotion, and disciplinary action. The Commissioner for Review replaced the Public Service Appeal Board in 1984.
The Public Service Appeal Board was established by the Public Service Tribunal Act of 1958. It was abolished by the Tasmanian State Service Act of 1984.
The Board was made up of the Public Service Commissioner and two other public servants appointed by the Governor-in-Council for three years. One of them was elected by members of the public service.
Sources used to compile this entry: Wettenhall, RL, A Guide to Tasmanian Government Administration, Platypus Publications, Hobart, 1968, 206 pp.
Prepared by: Caroline Evans
Created: 21 March 2012, Last modified: 17 March 2014