The Board of Guardians Queens Asylum was established in 1862. It had the guardianship and legal control of the children placed in the Queen's Orphan Asylum. The Board was abolished in 1879, when the Asylum closed.
The Queen's Asylum Act of 1861 established the Board of Guardians. This coincided with the transfer of administration of the Asylum from the imperial to the colonial government.
Sources used to compile this entry: Friends of the Orphan School and St John's Park Precinct, Friends of the Orphan School and St John's Park Precinct, http://www.orphanschool.org.au/.
Prepared by: Cate O'Neill
Created: 27 January 2011, Last modified: 12 March 2014