The Missionaries of the Sacred Heart were founded in France in 1854. They came to Sydney in 1885 and Tasmania in about 1905. The Missionaries are an international order of Brothers and Priests within the Catholic Church. Some of their Priests ran Boys' Town from 1945 to 1946, its first year of operation.
Prepared by: Cate O'Neill
Created: 12 January 2011, Last modified: 19 March 2014