The library description states: Halifax Street, north side, February 12th 1937, site of building is 48 yards west of Cardwell Street and frontage is 14.5 yards. For a view of the new building erected in 1937 see B 7382. This photograph shows the bluestone single storey house that was Mary's Mission of Hope Church of England Home for Children. It was an imposing home with a bay window and an arched porch over the front door.
State Library of South Australia Archival Number: B 6915