The Home of the Good Shepherd, in Ormiston was run by the Sisters of the Sacred Advent. The home trained homeless girls aged 12 to 13 in domestic service. It opened in 1897 and closed in 1913 as the age for employment was raised to 13.
The 2001 publication Missing Pieces (page 52) reported the existence of an Admissions Book for the "Home of the Good Shepherd and Tufnell Home" for the period 1893 to 1933 ).
In 2014, Anglican Archives advised the Find & Connect web resource that this information about the Admissions Book was not correct.
Sources used to compile this entry: Department of Families, Missing pieces: information to assist former residents of children's institutions to access records, State of Queensland, 2001. p.52..
Prepared by: Lee Butterworth
Created: 30 August 2013, Last modified: 17 April 2018