The Mercy Centre, in Wooloowin, is operated by the Order of the Sisters of Mercy. It was previously known as the Holy Cross Retreat. In 1977 a new building was erected for the physically and mentally disabled. Care for unmarried mothers continued. This new complex was renamed Mercy Centre.
1889 - 1978 Holy Cross Retreat
1977 - Mercy Centre
Sources used to compile this entry: Department of Families, Missing pieces: information to assist former residents of children's institutions to access records, State of Queensland, 2001.
Prepared by: Lee Butterworth
Created: 23 August 2013, Last modified: 12 June 2014