Some people may find content on this website distressing. Read more
Queensland - Organisation
Willowburn Epileptic Home (1919 - 1950?)
Benevolent Institution at Willowburn, Toowoomba, 1919, 19 February 1919, by Callaghan, C. W., courtesy of Picture Queensland, John Oxley Library, State Library of Queensland.
- Disability Institution, Government-run and Home
The Willowburn Epileptic Home, was situated at the corner of Hogg and Tor Streets, North Toowoomba. The institution was run by the State of Queensland. It was officially opened by her Excellency Lady Goold Adams on 20 January 1920.
Evidence shows that children were placed at Willowburn Epileptic Home, however more research is needed on this topic.
- 'Willowburn Epileptic Home', Brisbane Courier, 12 August 1920, p. 6, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article20418811. Details
- 'Home for Mental Defectives', Courier Mail, 16 May 1934, p. 10, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article36711051. Details
- Queensland Health, The road to recovery - a history of mental health services in Queensland 1859-2009, Queensland Government, 2013, https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0028/444583/qld-mh-history.pdf. Details
- Benevolent Institution at Willowburn, Toowoomba, 1919
- 19 February 1919
- Callaghan, C. W.
- Picture Queensland, John Oxley Library, State Library of Queensland
Prepared by: Lee Butterworth
Created: 15 April 2013, Last modified: 4 July 2013