The Tarragindi Lodge, in Prior Street, Tarragindi, was operated by the De La Salle Brothers (in conjunction with BoysTown). It opened in 1974, and the institution was licensed as an independent hostel on 1 March 1980. Tarragindi Lodge was closed as a licensed residential care facility on 30 June 1991.
Sources used to compile this entry: BoysTown Timeline, 2014, http://pandora.nla.gov.au/pan/136666/20140227-1407/www.boystown.com.au/downloads/info/BT-Timeline.pdf; Department of Families, Missing pieces: information to assist former residents of children's institutions to access records, State of Queensland, 2001. p.87..
Prepared by: Lee Butterworth
Created: 23 June 2011, Last modified: 19 October 2018