The Peirson Memorial Trust was founded in 1947, following the donation of land and properties belonging to the Peirson family in Goodwood to the Ann Street Presbyterian Church, Brisbane, for the purposes of establishing a training farm for boys. It ran a number of children's homes in Queensland. In 2013, the Peirson Memorial Trust provides residential care for children and young people. It is part of the ministry of Ann Street Presbyterian Church, Brisbane. In 2021 Pierson Memorial Trust was operating under the name Pierson Services.
Sources used to compile this entry: White, J., In the Matter of Peirson Memorial Trust - Reasons For Judgment, Supreme Court of Queensland: Trial Division, 24 November 1995, https://archive.sclqld.org.au/qjudgment/1995/QSC95-308.pdf.
Prepared by: Lee Butterworth
Created: 22 June 2011, Last modified: 29 June 2022