Mi Gunyah Youth Hostel, in Toowoomba, was established in early 1991 by the Toowoomba Aboriginal Corporation for Cultural and Recreational Activities (TACCRA). Funding was approved for the Hostel in April 1991. In 1997, TACCRA was re-incorporated as South East Qld Aboriginal Community Care Agency Aboriginal Corporation (SEQACCA). According to the publication Missing Pieces , Mi Gunyah closed in November 1999.
The publication Missing Pieces (2001) stated that Mi Gunyah Youth Hostel was located at 5 Bowen Street, Toowoomba.
The publication Toowoomba: a sense of history (1991) states that Mi Gunyah was located in Euston Road, Toowoomba.
Sources used to compile this entry: Department of Families, Missing pieces: information to assist former residents of children's institutions to access records, State of Queensland, 2001. p.66.; Maurice French, Toowoomba: a sense of history: 1840 - 2008, University of Southern Queensland, Toowoomba, 1991.
Prepared by: Rosemary Francis
Created: 22 June 2011, Last modified: 11 September 2014