Marsden Home for Boys, Booval, was operated by the Marsden Home for Boys Committee of the Queensland Congregational Union. It was licensed in 1962 under the State Children Act 1911 and the Children's Services Act 1965 on 4 August 1966. The Home closed on 3 April 1974 and the boys were transferred to the Marsden Family Group Home in Brassall.
Sources used to compile this entry: Department of Families, Missing pieces: information to assist former residents of children's institutions to access records, State of Queensland, 2001. p.63..
Prepared by: Lee Butterworth
Created: 15 June 2011, Last modified: 10 June 2014