Lewis Cottage Family Group Home, in Wynnum North, was operated by the Methodist and Uniting Churches. It opened 14 October 1967 and was licensed 7 December 1967. It was run by the Methodist Church until 1977, when operation was transferred to the newly-created Uniting Church. Its funding ceased 21 December 1988.
The Lewis Cottage Family Group Home was situated behind the Margaret Marr Home, adjacent to Tainton Cottage Family Group Home.
Sources used to compile this entry: Department of Families, Missing pieces: information to assist former residents of children's institutions to access records, State of Queensland, 2001. p.60.; Methodist Church of Australasia. Queensland Conference. Division of Child & Family Welfare, Golden jubilee souvenir booklet : Margaret Marr Memorial Home for Boys, 1924-1974, Methodist Division of Child & Family Welfare, Nundah, 1974, 16 pp.
Prepared by: Lee Butterworth
Created: 14 June 2011, Last modified: 3 August 2017