Hilldale Village for Boys, in Mulgowie, was operated by the Salvation Army. It opened in around 1973 and closed in 1977.
1898 - 1926 Industrial School for Boys, Riverview
1926 - 1956 Riverview Training Farm
1956 - 1966 Home for Boys, Riverview
1966 - 1969 Training Farm for Boys
1969 - 1973 Endeavour Training Farm
c. 1973 - c. 1977 Hillsdale Village for Boys
Sources used to compile this entry: Cleland, Sharon, Caring for the children : a history of institutional care provided by The Salvation Army for Australian children and youth (1893-1995), Salvation Army, Australian Eastern Territory, Sydney, August 2012; Department of Families, Missing pieces: information to assist former residents of children's institutions to access records, State of Queensland, 2001. p.50..
Prepared by: Lee Butterworth
Created: 14 June 2011, Last modified: 8 October 2018