Albion Lodge was a children's Home in Bridge Street, Albion. It was operated by the De La Salle Brothers, in conjunction with BoysTown. It housed boys who had graduated from BoysTown. Albion Lodge opened in 1965 and the first boys moved in on 24 August that year. Albion Lodge closed in 1974.
Albion Lodge was licensed under the State Children Act 1911 on 22 August 1965. Albion Lodge was later licensed under the Children's Services Act 1965 on 4 August 1966.
Sources used to compile this entry: BoysTown Timeline, 2014, http://pandora.nla.gov.au/pan/136666/20140227-1407/www.boystown.com.au/downloads/info/BT-Timeline.pdf; Department of Families, Missing pieces: information to assist former residents of children's institutions to access records, State of Queensland, 2001. p.29..
Prepared by: Lee Butterworth
Created: 1 February 2011, Last modified: 29 March 2022