Browse Categories - N
List of Categories
- Non Government Organisation
- Non-Government Organisation, or NGO, is a broad term for charities, not-for-profit agencies and religious organisations which provide services to the community, including services to support families and out-of-home 'care' programs. It is commonly used in New South Wales. In some states and territories, including Victoria, such organisations are known as Community Service Organisations, or CSOs. Although separate from government, and independent, many of these organisations perform work for the government and some depend on government funding to survive.
- Young Women's Christian Association, Darwin (1969 - )
- The term Non-denominational describes Protestant organisations without any specific denominational affiliation.
- Retta Dixon Home (1946 - 1982)
- Umbakumba Settlement (1938 - 1958)