The Victorian Deaf and Dumb Institution was established in 1860 by F. J. Rose, a deaf man from England.
On 12 November 1960 the Victorian Deaf and Dumb Institution opened at Mr Rose's residency in Peel St, Windsor. It moved several times before relocating to a specially-designed building on the corner of St Kilda Road and High Street, Prahran.
In 1949 it became the Victorian School for Deaf Children.
10 August 2021
Cite this: http://www.findandconnect.gov.au/guide/vic/E000899
First published by the Find & Connect Web Resource Project for the Commonwealth of Australia, 2011
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License