The Antonian Institute for Children was established at 311 Church Street, Richmond in 1959 by the Daughters of Divine Zeal.
In January 1960, the Antonian Institute for Children was declared an approved children's home under the Children's Welfare Act 1958. The Home's name was changed in 1966, to the Antonian Children's Home. The Home closed in 1979.
It is now known as the Madre Nazarena Students' House.
In 2017, the Department of Health and Human Services took custody of records relating to Antonian Children's Home and the Antonian Institute for Children.
25 October 2018
Cite this: http://www.findandconnect.gov.au/guide/vic/E000841
First published by the Find & Connect Web Resource Project for the Commonwealth of Australia, 2011
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License