In 1955, Glastonbury- Geelong Protestant Orphanage applied to the Victorian government for registration as an approved children's home. The inclusion of Glastonbury in its new name acknowledged one of the first patrons of the orphanage, James Austin.
Reflecting the changing nature of child welfare at that time, in 1974, the organisation established its first family group home, located at 22 The Avenue, Belmont (Geelong).
Glastonbury Primary School (no. 3656) which opened in 1910 was destroyed by fire in October 1968. After operating in temporary accommodation for the remainder of that year, the school closed on 19 December 1968.
In 1977, the name changed again, to Glastonbury Children's Home.
10 August 2021
Cite this: http://www.findandconnect.gov.au/guide/vic/E000137
First published by the Find & Connect Web Resource Project for the Commonwealth of Australia, 2011
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License