From 1910, the Education Department conducted a primary school in the home grounds; Glastonbury Primary School (no. 3656). By the mid 1950s children from outside the Home also attended the primary school. Secondary school aged children attended local state schools in Geelong
In 1934 the Geelong and Western District Protestant Orphanage moved to Belmont as a result of industrial pollution and building disrepair at Herne Hill. The new Orphanage in Belmont was designed to accommodate 85 boys and girls.
The home's eighty acres were used for dairying and farming.
In 1955, the institution became an approved children's home under Victorian legislation and changed its name to Glastonbury - Geelong Protestant Orphanage.
15 January 2020
Cite this: http://www.findandconnect.gov.au/guide/vic/E000027
First published by the Find & Connect Web Resource Project for the Commonwealth of Australia, 2011
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License