Curtice Cottage was opened on Adelaide Street, Magill, by the Adelaide Central Methodist Mission in 1957 when the supervisor's house of the Methodist Children's Homes was converted into a cottage style residence. The aim of Curtice Cottage was to provide a Home where brothers and sisters from one family could live together.
Cottage Homes at the Methodist Children's Homes generally accommodated up to 12 children all of whom were regarded as part of a 'cottage family'. Each cottage home was run by a Housemother or Cottage Parents.
Curtice Cottage continued to operate after the Methodist Children's Homes changed their name to Lentara in 1960.
Curtice Cottage closed in 1977 when Lentara ceased to operate and the Adelaide Central Methodist Mission moved its Cottages out into suburban areas.
We do not currently have any photographs linked to this entry. If you know of any additional photographs, please contact us.
The Find & Connect Support Service can help people who lived in orphanages and children's institutions look for their records.
08 March 2018
Cite this: http://www.findandconnect.gov.au/guide/sa/SE00240
First published by the Find & Connect Web Resource Project for the Commonwealth of Australia, 2011
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License