The Salvation Army purchased the property known as "Ashdale" at auction in February 1897. "Ashdale" was previously the home of Mr John Ashburn. The fenced property of 210 acres, situated at the junction of the Brisbane and Bremmer Rivers, consisted of a large fifteen room house, stables and outbuildings. The Salvation Army planned to accommodate somewhere between 30 and 40 girls at the institution and train them as domestic servants.
15 February 2019
Cite this: http://www.findandconnect.gov.au/guide/qld/QE00790
First published by the Find & Connect Web Resource Project for the Commonwealth of Australia, 2011
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License