The Industrial School for Girls, Clayfield was first established in a rented house called 'Arthurton', on Wagner Road, Clayfield. In 1911 it moved to premises on the corner of London Road and Boston Street, Clayfield.
The children under 14 years attended the school run by the Sisters, while those over 14 were trained in domestic duties.
The Industrial School for Girls, Clayfield was established in 1903 under the lndustrial and Reformatory Schools Act1865 and licensed under the State Children Act1911 on 31 December 1911.
The Diocese of Brisbane (Anglican Church of Australia) has advised they do not have any records in relation to the Industrial School for Girls, Clayfield.
We do not currently have any photographs linked to this entry. If you know of any additional photographs, please contact us.
The Find & Connect Support Service can help people who lived in orphanages and children's institutions look for their records.
24 January 2018
Cite this: http://www.findandconnect.gov.au/guide/qld/QE00091
First published by the Find & Connect Web Resource Project for the Commonwealth of Australia, 2011
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License