Some people may find content on this website distressing. Read more

Find & Connect Support Services

1800 16 11 09 (freecall). Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm in all states and territories.

The 1800 number directs you to the Find & Connect Support Service in your state or territory, and will help you to:

  • access personalised support and counselling
  • where possible, obtain your personal records, trace your history and understand why you were placed into care
  • connect with other services and support networks that may assist you at this time in your life
  • reconnect with family, where possible.

State/Territory Find & Connect Support Services

Australian Capital Territory | New South Wales | Northern Territory | Queensland | South Australia | Tasmania | Victoria | Western Australia

Out of hours help

If you need urgent help, Lifeline operates a 24-hour telephone counselling service. 13 11 14 (freecall).

Other Support Organisations

Care Leavers Australia Network (CLAN)

The Care Leavers of Australia Network (CLAN) offers support to individuals who have been a State Ward, Home child or foster child in Australia, or whose parents or other family members have had this experience. CLAN can help you to obtain your ward file or get information about your Home and you may advertise at no cost in the newsletter to help locate lost family members, or people you remember from your Home and would like to contact.

Telephone: 1800 008 774

Child Migrants Trust (CMT)

The Child Migrants Trust has offices in Melbourne and in Perth and provides a range of social work services to child migrants all over Australia, including counselling and support with family reunions. The Child Migrants Trust also provides help with information, advice and family research to former child migrants and their families. The Child Migrants Trust is an international organisation with offices in Australia and the UK, and works with former child migrants living in Australia and other countries.

Telephone: 1800 04 05 09
Website: (a contact form is provided on the website).